Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 year Work Visa under partnership What are the hassels ??

marksie is offline Junior Member

Default 2 year Work Visa under partnership What are the hassels ??

Acquiring a work visa under partnership for 2 years are there many requirements from the partner in New Zealand.eg. X amount of $ per month, or is it a straight forward process. This lady will be getting married on her arrival and applying for a Residence Permit. What are the snags we should be looking out for. I believe I need to fill out a sponsorship form along with her application for a work permit or visa. Any one been down this track.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

What is the situation surrounding the relationship? You say you are applying for a partners visa, do you know the requirements for this?

I dont want to assume too much, so correct me if i'm wrong, but I get from your question that this lady lives overseas somewhere, and will be joining someone in New Zealand as their new partner?

You cannot apply for a partnership visa unless you have evidence of living together in a genuine and stable relationship for over 12 months. Marriage alone does not constitute a genuine and stable relationship.

If you have that kind of evidence, then there are no further requirements for a partner to have, except the usual medical and x-ray examinations.

All the best
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Default minimum requirements 4 recognition of partnership

The minimum requirements for the recognition of partnership according to the immigration booklet is.
    1) That you are older than 18
    2)Have met prior to this application being made
    3) are not close relatives
    Do not need an offer of employment
    This application is for a 2 year work visa or work permit

Blog Entries

Hi,

The full rules can be found here:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...hatisrequired/

Although this is about residency, the same rules apply for people applying for a work permit according to the guidelines in the NZIS Operations manual as either application is under the 'family stream'.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Hi Taffgy
    To give you a clearer picture, I met this lady from Latvia, She has visited me for her 2 weeks annual leave, We are in love and we want to marry and I want to bring her over here. Apparenty marriage doesn't count and I need to build a 12 month relationship with this lady before we can apply for a residence permit. I got the wrong application forms sent to me and now they say they will send others and I need to fill out a sponsor ship form to sponsor her. I am wondering what hurdles I have to face on that form. I am self employed and work from home. Also free hold but they might be looking at what my weekly earnings are and how secure the situation is. According to the booklet she doesn't need a job offer. and after 12 months we can apply for a residence permit. It all sounds straight forward but I put this lady in a very insecure position if they turn her down on a residence permit because she looses everything she left back home. Can one trust a government department???? :icon_confused:

Blog Entries

Hi,

I've never heard of an outright sponsorship like that, without the normal requirements of a work visa application.

I would recommend you contact immigration directly on freephone 0508 558855.

Be sure to explain that you have only been together for a very short time and tell them the kind of application you are making.

NZIS are clamping down on their applications as they've been receiving so much bad press lately, that it is more important than ever to explain your situation in exact detail.

If they seem to believe that the application you are making is correct and you only having been together in physical presence for a few weeks is not a factor, then there should be no other problems in your application.

When you are married and have been living together for more than 12 months, the residency application will be fairly straight forward.

I wish you good luck with this one as it seems a complicated application!

If you need any more help, please come back and ask, and i'll see what I can dig out for you :icon_biggrin:
    Taffy

Back again Taffy,
    I see we are talking about 2 different things, Residence permit comes after the 12 months relationship. What ever haqppen to marriage :icon_question: It doesn't matter what partner you have as long as you have had 12 months together. So I have to try and get her into NZ on a work visa or permit for 2 years and I see the health certificate is quite a big one to fill out too. I haven't figured out the difference between visa and permit. I wonder if there is any one familar with this sponsor ship form.???? Thanks

Blog Entries

Do you have the number of the form? If I can try to find the form, I may be a little more clued in to what type of application you are making.

If you cant find the number, i need the exact title of the form as printed on the top of the front page.
    Taffy

Blog Entries

This (rather large!) document covers every type of 'temporary entry' permit there is, and the sponsoring or partners for a work permit.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...oraryEntry.pdf

If you open this document (Adobe PDF) and look around sections WF2.5 and WF2.10, it gives clear guidelines as to what is required under this category.

When it mentions the partnership requirements set out in section F2.20, this is the operations manual section which states that you must be living together for at least 12 months before ANY sponsorship can take place.

Seriously, you need to call immigration about this as all roads seem to be pointing towards the 12 months relationship, and i'd hate for you to both end up disappointed if your application was refused.

FYI: Work Visa allows entry in to New Zealand, Work Permit allows you to stay (and work).
    Taffy

The only written information I have is in a booklet section 22 Family Stream Partners of New Zealand citizens or residents. It appears we have to prove to immigration that(1) we are in a genuine and stable relationship (2) The NZ partner intends to be in NZ for the same period of time (3) their NZ partner supports the application (4) The NZ partner is eligible to sponsor the applicants work and residence applications (5) both meet the minimum, requirements for recognition of a partnership. I will let you know in a couple of days what the form is that they are sending me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast