Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Online driving test

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Online driving test

Gearing up to take your NZ driving test? Have a trial run (or several, if you feel inclined) on here .

It doesn't hurt........ really!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Interesting....I am dreading doing my practical test again to get my NZ licence.....

Blog Entries

Amy, I don't think you'll have to. You'll sit a theory test but not a practical because certain countries are exempt from having to sit the practical again and the UK is on the list.

Does everyone sit the practical test?

No. Some countries require similar driving skills and have similar licensing systems to New Zealand's. The law recognises that drivers from these countries usually have adequate driving skills, and they may not have to sit the practical driving test.

You don't have to sit the practical test if:

you have a licence from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America, and your licence is current (or has expired within the past 12 months), and you've held that licence for more than two years.

Notes

If you are in this group, you still need to pass the theory test. If you don't pass the theory test, you cannot drive.

Some countries have driver licensing systems that are very different from New Zealand's. People from these countries do have to sit a practical test. Phone our Driver Licensing Call Centre to find out more (0800 822 422).

From here .
    Mother Bear

rinn is offline Junior Member

Default :o that helps!

The link you've posted does help :D

Thanks motherbear!!

Blog Entries

Hi Rinn,

to MoveToNz.

It's good to have your thoughts on life in NZ. Are you a kiwi or did you previously live in another country?
    Mother Bear

Laura is offline Junior Member

Thanks Mother Bear,

I am sure that me and my husband will find this really useful. I feel like I am back in school revising for my exams! Really hope that we pass the theory test first time round. Now which car am I supposed to be - red or blue??!!!!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Laura,

I was a driving instructor for a while in the UK before coming out here, so having to come here and sit a basic theory test was very much like you say - back to school!

Still, it wasnt too hard. Most of it's common sense, and knowing if you're the red or the blue car
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Very useful link hope it doesn't drop from view. Read the road code and did the practice at the back of the study guide once then practiced online. Saved hours of flicking through the books.

Passed the theory test with 5 days to spare...

OH was not looking forward to her "exam" but she passed (after getting her first question wrong) as well.

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Bermy Girl and I have taken the online test quite a few times. While we drive on the same side of the road and our give way rules are pretty much the same it is difficult looking at a little picture of a red car and blue car and determining who has the right of way. I have always gone on the premise that you always give way to cars on your right. I know the answers and would have no problem if I was actually driving one of those little cars on the screen but everytime I take the online test I inevitably get 1 or 2 of the giveway questions wrong and, I was not DUI when I took the test! lol (I found this funny!)

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Not to worry the pictures are too small (on line) and appear to be clipped so there are a couple of questions that you have to guess. The Road Code and the actual test paper have big clear diagrams so you can see what colour the traffic lights are and if there is a filter light.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast